Designed for a range of group sizes, these innovative and interactive 2-hour sessions are designed to build understanding and empathy for older people with frailty and introduce the core principles and skills of supported self-care for this population group. The events are designed for care professionals for whom attending a whole day training event is not feasible and are based on individual learning and experience. They complement the multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team based sessions and focus on awareness building, imparting knowledge, highlighting skills and providing a practical, empathy building experience through the Virtual Reality simulation.
The objectives of the sessions are:
- To introduce the context of frailty in Nottingham & Nottinghamshire;
- To provide an understanding of frailty and its dynamic nature;
- To build empathy for older people living with frailty;
- To explain the principles of supported self-care and integrated assessment in relation to older people with frailty;
- To introduce and provide access to the Frailty Toolkit App.
The outline of the sessions is:
- Introduction and quick fire quiz
- Frailty Fulcrum animation and worked example
- Journeys of frailty and and introduction to supported self-care presentation
- Home-based Virtual Reality Frailty simulation
- Introduction and quick guide to the Frailty toolkit, including ‘getting on line’
These sessions can be delivered ‘on site’ for a single organisation or convenient training venue for individuals from a range of organisations.
Feedback from the sessions can be found under Previous Training Events
To find out more please contact email@example.com