These innovative and interactive 3-hour sessions are designed to promote multi-agency and multi-professional working whilst building understanding and empathy for older people with frailty. They have been developed to combine the multi-agency, case-based, supported self-care planning from the whole day training events with the shorter format of the Frailty & Supported Self-Care Awareness sessions.
The objectives of the sessions are:
- To introduce the context of frailty in Nottingham & Nottinghamshire;
- To provide an understanding of frailty, its dynamic nature and how to identify it;
- To build empathy for older people living with frailty;
- To explore approaches to integrated assessment and supported self-care;
- To work with colleagues from across health and social care;
- To introduce and provide access to the Frailty Toolkit App.
The outline of the session is:
- Introduction and quick fire quiz
- Understanding Frailty through the Frailty Fulcrum
- Journeys of Frailty including approaches to identifying and assessing Frailty (in line with NICE guidance on multimorbidity)
- Approaches to Supporting Older People with Frailty to self-care
- FrailtySIM – The Frailty Virtual Reality experience and introduction to Victor
- Victor’s story – Understanding what is important and planning for supported self-care
- Quick guide to the Frailty toolkit, including ‘getting on line’
These sessions are intended for a multi-professional and/or multi-agency set of participants.
Feedback from previous sessions can be found under Previous Training Events
To register interest in participating in a future event go to http://www.frailtytoolkit.org/trainingevent/
To find out more please contact email@example.com