The module introduces the definitions, principles, skills and a template for person-centred collaborative working. It also allows participants to share their perspectives on what improvements can be made to ways of working.
The objectives of this module are to:
- Provide a common language and definitions of self-care and supported self-care
- Outline the principles and skills required to support independence through person-centred care
- Introduce the Supporting Independence Care Planning template
- Explore what helps and what hinders integrated and person-centred care locally
Local Trainer Resources include:
- Supporting Independence & Person-Centred Care powerpoint presentation and associated speaker notes
- Supporting Independence Care Planning template – A3 booklet (A1 poster also available)
- Integrated Working and Person-Centred Care Help or Hinder exercise card
Minimum time required: 15 mins (presentation) 20 mins (help or hinder exercise)
Supporting Independence & Person-Centred Care presentation
These are the module presentation slides. Available as both PDF format and a downloadable PPT file. Speaker notes are also provided.
PDF format of slide presentationFullscreen Mode
NB. This is required for the slide animations on the Skills for Supported Self-Care slide.
Speaker notesFullscreen Mode
Supporting Independence Care planning template
A3 Booklet versionFullscreen Mode
A1 Poster versionFullscreen Mode
Help & hinder exercise cardFullscreen Mode
Other relevant toolkit resources: