This Senior Fraud Protection Toolkit has been created by he Home Instead Senior Care network in responds the growing incidents of scams involving older people. This fraud is putting people at risk, threatening to strip them of their assets, their independence and their trust.
The booklet aims to inform those at risk and their families about fraud involving older people and to provide tools and tips to help avoid being affected by this distressing criminal activity.
Specific topics include:
- Financial Abuse Tactics
- Top Scams Involving Older People
- Top 5 Reasons Why Older People Are Targets
- Impact Of Crime On The Elderly
The Toolkit also includes a series of checklists that can be used to help protect your family members:
- Criminal Target Scale
- Scam-proofing Seniors Checklist
- Scam Reminder Checklist: Post
- Scam Reminder Checklist: Telephone
- Scam Reminder Checklist: Computer
- What To Do If Your Family Member Has Been Scammed